[mythtv-users] install issues with mythtv on x86_64

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Thu Nov 10 04:18:50 EST 2005

>Hello myth-users,
>
>I'm trying to install mythtv on an AMD/x86_64/fedora_4
>and haven't had any luck getting it to work :(. I
>started-off with mythtv-suite pre-compiled package
>from atrpms.net and got a segmentation fault when I
>started mythfrontend. I learnt from the ATRPMS mailing
>list that the problem had been fixed but not released
>into the "stable" release. I posted a requestto
>release the fixes on myth-dev list and am yet to get a
>resolution.
>
>[DELETED BIT]
>
>Has anybody faced similar problems as above?? If so
>please post suggestions to resolve the issue/s.
>
>I did come across another user having similar issue
>with install using the stable svn version, but haven't
>seen any resolution so far...
>
>The only option I haven't tried is to try installing
>32-bit version!
>

>Thanks
>
>--Raj

I hit the same problem with SegFaults.

All this is new to me (MythTV and Linux/FC4) so blindly following
Jarod's guide, and not knowing what else to do, I did a clean install
on FC4 i386 and that all worked with minimal problems.

I then read somewhere that you could try removing the MythGallery and
MythtMusic plugins.

In the end I removed MythMusic, MythVideo, MythGallery and MythGame.
After that mythtfrontend works fine (I'll try installing again some
time in the future.)

For other people who are new to the whole MythTV/Linux  shebang,
these are the steps I did:
(I didn't find these documented in my searches, so maybe this will
help someone later...)

yum install mythtv-suite
yum remove mythmusic
yum remove mythvideo