[mythtv-users] Watch TV button in frontend does not do anything

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Nov 10 00:16:09 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 11:46 pm, Steve Adeff wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 21:19, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > On 11/8/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > your right, i'd rather not argue with the ignorant.
> >
> > And yet you're on a mailing list for a piece of software largely written
> > by this "idiot".
>
> not idiot, just ignorant in this case. I'm no idiot, yet I'm ignorant to
> coding, so I don't try to. But I can help in other areas, so I do try. My
> issue with Isaac is that he refuses to believe that the grammar of the
> svn.mythtv.org page may be incorrect.

You didn't change any grammar on the page, except for the section title I
mentioned before.  You moved a couple paragraphs, and incidentally added
wrong info (for the 'Before submitting Bugs' section, the 'TicketHowTo' page
has the correct info).

Check the diff:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/WikiStart?action=diff&version=17&old_version=16

Please tell me what grammar you changed?  I can't find anything.  Maybe your
definition of grammar is different from the rest of the English speaking
world?

> so I won't get into that except to
> emphasize the fact that this would not be the first F/OSS project I've tried
> to involve myself in only to find that the developers have very little use
> for improving the user experience.

Maybe it's you? =)  All I did was revert what I felt were bad changes to my
_main_ svn page, after it was clear that you wouldn't change things.  I'd be
perfectly happy with them on another page of the wiki.  For that, I get
called 'ignorant'.

Isaac