[mythtv-users] How do I edit mythvideo metadata?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:20:11 EST 2005

On 11/9/05, Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz> wrote:

> Being able to put the imdb number in is fine for a movie, but for a
> downloaded tv series it is no good. I just end up with a whole lot of
> videos named the same, no episode numbers, no summary of the episode

What I would really like to see is support in nuvexport for tagging any
video container formats (that support tags) with as much of the metadata as
possible from mythtv.

AVI apparently supports a lot of tags:
see http://abcavi.kibi.ru/

Then... I'd like to see MythVideo support reading AVI (and other video
container) tags and populate the database accordingly

Oh, by the way... I wish MythTV retained the Original Airdate for recorded
shows. I would like to have nuvexport name files as follows: Series -
OrigAirDate - Episode.avi ( ex: Seinfeld - 19951102 - The Soup Nazi.avi ) so
that they alpha sort into chronological order. Note that RecordingDate !=
OriginalAirDate

-Ross