[mythtv-users] XvMC with SVN revision 7738 and nvidia driver 6629

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:50:22 EST 2005

On 09/11/05, Curtis Stanford <curtis at stanfordcomputing.com> wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>
> > On 09/11/05, Curtis Stanford <curtis at stanfordcomputing.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Are you using firewire? I'm finding that my DCT-6200 box spits out
> >> some pretty bad mpeg streams. I get a lot of errors like you are
> >> seeing on HD channels. The weird thing is, some channels are better
> >> than others. The HD movie channel and PBS are almost flawless. The
> >> network HD channels are full of crap, it seems. I get jumpy audio and
> >> lots of errors and prebuffering pauses on these channels.
> >>
> >> Curtis
> >
> > I had a problem with flaky firewire streams from a DCT-6200, only on
> > certain channels, just like you describe.  It turned out to be the
> > coax cable to the cable box.  I replaced it with a new one and the
> > flakiness vanished.  The flakiness was only on a couple of channels,
> > the rest were totally fine.  Don't know if that's your problem, but
> > swapping out a cable is an easy things to check.
> >
> > -Jerry
>
> Ahh, thanks Jerry! I will try that. Mine's going through a splitter,
> too. Do you have any suggestions for cable type or do you think you
> just had a bad cable?
>
> Curtis

You might want to test it without the splitter as well, just run the
cable coming out of the wall from the outside straight into the cable
box.  I don't have any specific suggestions as to cable type - I don't
know that much about the technical differences between different types
of cables.  But the cable I replaced it with looked more sturdy and
had better connectors on it.  As far as I know, it was just better
quality, not a different type of cable.

-Jerry