[mythtv-users] Schedule by regexp

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 9 13:34:08 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 12:24:12PM +0100, Alex Polite wrote:
> I wan't to match programs to record by a regexp. How do I do that?

You can't really do it from MythWeb, but from the normal mythfrontend
you go to "Manage Recordings", "Schedule Recordings", "Custom Record".
That screen allows you to enter the "where" clause of an SQL statement
using the standard syntax.  Templates will pre-create the SQL for you
so you just have to fill in the fields.

For example, to get all of the "Survivor" reality shows but not the
"Survivorman" outdoor show you could either limit the results by
category or use an inverse match on the specific titles you don't want.
The first method would end up looking like:
	program.title LIKE "survivor%"
	AND program.category_type = "reality"
and the second like:
	program.title LIKE "survivor%"
	AND NOT program.title LIKE "survivorman%"

The trailing "%" on the name will match cases where the series has a
different name each season (the current one is "Survivor: Guatemala --
The Maya Empire").

Test the rule to see what it catches (which may be nothing if you're
doing this pre-season), and then give it a name and save it.  It will
show up in the priority list with "(Power Search)" after the name.