[mythtv-users] USB on the cable box

Michael Bochynski mbochynski at audiumcorp.com
Wed Nov 9 11:54:29 EST 2005

Hi,

I want to use USB port on my cable box (Scientific Atlanta 2100) for
Myth TV to change channels. According to SC2100 this port is designed to
be used for remote.

My question is, if I get usb-to-serial cable, do I still have to install
lirc to change channels? Can I use only those scripts in
mythtv/contrib ?

Note that I don't need receiver configured using lirc, since I have
wireless (IR) keyboard on PS2. I've learned my remote a bunch of
keypresses, and I don't have to install anything on the OS side. :)

Michael