[mythtv-users] Stupid overscan question

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 11:36:09 EST 2005

Could someone please explain to me how overscan works?

I'm using the nv driver for my xBox and the top of the
displayed screen is a little narrower than the bottom,
i.e. the bottom reaches the screen edge and the top is
inset a little.

I'm thinking that I need to set some overscan settings
in xorg.conf but I'm not really clear on what those
settings should be.  I think I'm supposed to use the
"TVOverScan" option but I'm not sure of the
parameters.  Note that I'm currently using 640x480
NTSC currently.

Could someone please give me a couple of pointers?

Thanks!

Ben