[mythtv-users] gentoo mythtv nova-t channel scan problem

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:45:32 EST 2005

On 11/9/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/11/05, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have managed to get a good picture in mplayer so I guess my dvb card
> is
> > set up.
> >
> > When I go to scan shannels it just sits there for about a minute with
> 'no
> > lock' and eventualy gives up and comes up with 'Error tuning to
> transport';(
>
> What parameters are you entering for the channel scan? I forget how
> it's done (advanced something perhaps) but before you do a scan you
> have to enter a bunch of parameters related to the dvb transmission
> from your local transmitter.
>

> These are what I used for Crystal Palace.
>
> freq 505833330
> B/W 8MHz
> Inversion Auto
> Constellation QAM 16
> LP Coderate 3/4
> HP Coderate 3/4
> Trans Mode 2K
> Guard Interval 1/32
> Hierarchy None
>
> I worked these out by following this document

Is this defenatly nessesery? I thought leaving things as auto was OK now. I
was previously using knopixmyth and it just worked.

http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

Will have a look at this.

which showed me how to use scan and tzap, from the dvb-utils package.

> BTW I'm using 18.1. I believe there have been lots of dvb related
> changes in the SVN version, so things may be different now.

I just did emerge mythtv and I think it gave me 18.1, does this make sence.

Regards,
Ben

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)