[mythtv-users] XvMC with SVN revision 7738 and nvidia driver 6629

Mark deJong dejongm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:54:37 EST 2005

Hello,
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get XvMC working
with my nVidia 5200. I'm expecting a selection in TV settings for decoding
via hardware XVMC but don't see the option anywhere. Just
"Standard","libmpeg2", & "Standard XvMC".

I'm currently using mythtv SVN revision 7738 and nvidia driver 6629. I'm
using gentoo and have have "nvidia" and "xvmc" in the USE var. During the
build it's showing it found /usr/lib/XvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6629.

In xorg.conf I have

Option "XvmcUsesTectures" "false"

Are there any other config setting I need to make or somewhere I can see
what may be going wrong? I've turned on verbose logging but see nothing out
of the ordinary. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark