[mythtv-users] ir-kbd-i2c Driver

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 19:43:46 EST 2005

I haven't tried this, but, in my opinion, lirc is in
fact a good thing.

If you only use MythTV programs, which share the same
keybindings, then lirc doesn't seem like such a big
deal.  However, once you add external programs into
the mix (like xine or xmame), then the configuration
gets much more complex.

I feel it's easier to use lirc and have multiple
entries in the .lircrc file (one per application per
remote button), than it is to try to synchronize the
keybindings between multiple programs.

-- Joe

--- Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net>