[mythtv-users] Long term stability?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Tue Nov 8 17:51:32 EST 2005

>Does anyone have a backend that runs for a week or more under reasonably
>heavy use?  By run, I mean with no manual intervention or cron jobs
>resetting things/etc.  I still have to occasionally do
>a /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart although I'm not quite sure why...
>
>If people do, perhaps a few could give their
>
>1) PVR hardware
>2) Motherboard chipset
>3) Kernel version
>4) IVTV version.
>5) Firmware version?
>6) System Memory

I'm running 0.18.1 and my backend has been up for over 3 months solid. I use:
-SuSE 9.3 with a 2.6.13 kernel
-pcHDTV HD-3000 and PVR-150

SuSE doesn't seem all that popular in this crowd, but I think it does
an excellent job with MythTV; hardly any tweaking needs to
be done. For more details, check out http://www.dastrup.com/template_mythtv_specs.asp