[mythtv-users] OTA HD Antennas??

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Tue Nov 8 10:21:48 EST 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 4:00 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>  My plan
> is to install the antenna in the attic and was hoping there was an
> amplified
> version available, most of my HD stations are within 20 miles of
> the house
> and within 6 degrees of one another according to AntennaWeb.org.

I recently purchased the SR15 HD DTV antenna from antennas direct.
http://antennasdirect.com/SR15_HDTV_Antenna.html

I highly recommend the antenna however mine is placed on the roof but
I do live a bit farther from the source.

It sounds like you'll be fine with a directional antenna and the SR15
is certainly powerful enough to handle the the 20 mile range.  Unless
you are running the cable a very long distance I suspect an amplifier
won't really help you any.  I recommend you search and read up a
little on the best type of cable to run as well.