[mythtv-users] OTA HD Antennas??

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Tue Nov 8 10:16:18 EST 2005

>So my requirements are, something I can install in the attic and requires no user intevention.

If you have an attic, just buy the biggest UHF antenna you can fit.  The same old
TV antennas that you've seen on roofs for the past 50 years are the same ones that
work with digital broadcasts. Most places sell them for under $100. Also, when
testing your signal, if possible, use a tuner other than your Linux HDTV card, unless
you're positive that your setup is working perfectly.  Unfortunately, HDTV tuners
are hard to come by, unless you have a new big TV with it built-in or a HD sattelite
receiver. Otherwise, I might even suggest you get your HD card working under
Windows to test your signal, at least if your background is in Windows.