[mythtv-users] Anyone have the latest firmware?

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:10:13 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, Chris Delis <cedelis at uillinois.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone happen to have this file lying around?
>

> ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/wintv-pvr_250-350/inf/pvr_1.18.21.22254_inf.zip
>
> shspvr.com <http://shspvr.com> has been down for at least the past two
> days. I can't seem
> to find it anywhere else via Google.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris
>
> Chris,

I had a similar problem this weekend with trying to get the latest firmware
code. I was able to download the 0x02050032 firmware via the hauppauge web
site (http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/pvr250/pvr150250350_inf.zip)
or just traverse the support path for pvr-250. I then unzipped it and used
the two files: HcwMakoA.ROM and HcwFalcn.rom (rename it to ivtv-fw-enc.bin).
Both files are copied to /lib/modules. See this page for a better

After making these changes, it eliminated the "*Encoder Firmware can be
buggy, use version 0x02040011 or 0x02050032*" message in dmesg.

Hope that helps!

phlepper

--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. --
Confucius