[mythtv-users] NUV TO WINDOWS PC

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Mon Nov 7 16:20:53 EST 2005

Ramon Redondo wrote:
> Actually, the DirectShow filters do not require MPEG2-based NUV files.
>  I've used them for viewing NUVs created with my BTTV card.

You are correct, but I wasn't commenting on the DirectShow filters (note
that I didn't quote that part of the posters message). I was commenting
on the claim that you can simply rename a NUV file to a MPG file and
play it using Windows Media Player. I didn't want a someone to see that
and try it not realizing it was dependent on their capture card.