[mythtv-users] LCD - Uses and Usage

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:04:36 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, joe.white at wachovia.com <joe.white at wachovia.com> wrote:

Didn't wachovia just get hit with sql slammer?  Shouldn't that have
been patched a long long time ago?  Anyway, I degress... hopefully I
can answer some of your questions below.

> So, I did a could dozen searches on LCD, LCD Proc and the like.  While I got
> all sorts of information on what to use, and how to go about it, I saw
> nothing that told me what I could expect to be able to display or what type
> of functionality is supported.  I get the impression that it is used more
> for MythMusic than MythTV.  If this is true then its probably not worth the
> effort for me.  A link or a brief exposition would be appreciated.
>
> jw

Well, yes and no... actually it's used for everything (I haven't tried
it in mythgallery or mythvideo)

1) When the frontend isnt' in use, it displays a clock.
2) In LiveTV, it displays the network, and show, and episode name
3) when watching a recording it shows name, show, network, and a progress bar
4) when navigating menus it shows the menu names.
5) It can show recording status and progross
6) in mythmusic is shows artist and title and progress, I also believe
they plan on showing "repeat" and "shuffle" functionality (if it isn't
there already)

Basically, it's used everywhere.  I really like it alot.  The only
complain I have is that I have a 2 line display, and in liveTV it
shows the network name, show, and title all on the top line and does
screen wipes instead of scrolling if any of the above is beyond the
width of the LCD/VFD.

Basically, I use it for TV functionality more than I ever use it for Mythmusic.

Thanks!
Matt