[mythtv-users] Media-MVP Divx? Mpeg-4

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Mon Nov 7 09:04:15 EST 2005

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:06:05 -0700
Chad <masterclc at gmail.com>

So, for those of you who obviously have one, can it playback mpeg4
(divx) encoded programs?  I use a cheapie bt87x card for my low-def
captures, and am hoping/wondering if this will be able to play them?

Thanks!

Chad

On 11/4/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> ahhhh!  You are limiting my availability!!  (SLC area too ;) )
>
> On 11/4/05, Grant McChesney <grantmc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/3/05, Rusty McEacharn <mceachrw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > i think it is in-store only.  they are not listed online.
> > >

> > It is in-store only.  I would definitely check availability before going.
> > It was hit and miss for me.  I went to three stores and came away with just
> > two of them (SLC area).
> >
> > RadioShack Store Availability (FWIW):
> > http://education.radioshack.com/RSCom/ProductAvailability/index.asp?SkuId=2503215&ShowSkuId=250-3215
> >
> > Good luck!

Radio shack has been sold out for a month where I am because they are purging the
product from their shelves to make room for the wireless version that should already be here but
isn't.  I am hoping the wireless version will work for me, and Divx will make the stream use less
bandwidth, The wired version is silent so I am expecting the wireless version to be silent as well.

Also, on Windows my friend still has his linksys router be the dhcp server, his MVP finds his windows
box to get its firmware from it(that box also has the recordings on it. All the linux How-To documents
 want me to disable my linksys router's dhcp and run dhcpcd on my linux box.
Why can't linux just serve up the Media-MVP firmware like windows does?
thanks