[mythtv-users] 'i' key doesn't work in Mythmusic playlist + other questions

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:45:32 EST 2005

On 07/11/05, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> ffrr wrote:

> >> I'm running 18.1 and the number keys allow jumping down the list.  I
> >> assume that it's like mobile phone text eg. '2' jumps to the 'A's and
> >> '9' to the 'W's.  However I haven't checked this.  It's useful though.
> >>

> > Thanks, I will experiment.
> >
> > _________________________
>

> Nope, it's just thoroughly weird.  For example, a 1 key jumps halfway
> through the B section.  Maybe it's just dividing the list into 10%
> chunks, so for example, 4 jumps to 40%.

OK that figures.  I thought it didn't feel quite right, but I'm not
good at texting and assumed that I was getting confused.  So far I've
only got about 30 albums captured, so navigation isn't difficult.  I
can see it would get tricky with a few hundred though.

> btw:  the number keys on the normal keyboard do this too, BUT typing a
> letter, say, A, does not jump anywhere.

It seems mythmusic is very much oriented to being used with a simple
remote, with several functions assigned to number keys.

> What I really want is to be able to select files as per the directory
> structure I keep them in.  Funny, but that seems the easiest way.

Have you looked at the music area of Media Setting, in the frontend setup up?

I believe you can change the way listings are displayed by reordering
the keywords such as /GENRE/YEAR/ARTIST/TRACK etc etc.

Without knowing your directory structure I'm not sure whether this
will do what you want though.