[mythtv-users] PVR-350 + PAL tv, over scan problem.

Jason Garrett kingedgar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:34:07 EST 2005

Sorry, I was typing in a hurry.  From what I have been able to devise,
regular desktop will not be very usable using the tv out of the
pvr350. I have put all my important icons in the center of the screen
as well as moved the launch menu to the center of the kicker in KDE.

The settings I was refering to are in Setup->Apperance in mythfrontend.

I had kept everything through my regular video card while setting up,
so mythtv-setup was entirely on my computer monitor.

I then switched to the xorg.conf suggested by Jarod Wilson in his HOWTO.

This yielded me results like you are talking, overscan, not being able
to use the desktop, etc.

I went through the mythfronted setup after someones suggestion here on
this list. That is where I found that with the out of the pvr350 it is
best to run it in a window. (This is a setting in Setup-Appearnce)

This is also where I set the GUI size and offset. My xorg.conf remains
the same as Jarod's suggestion in his howto...(NTSC btw)

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier  "NTSC Monitor"
        HorizSync  30-68
        VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
          # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
          DotClock 34.564
          HTimings 720 752 840 928
          VTimings 480 484 488 504
          Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"