[mythtv-users] FC4, Multiple Tuner (PVR-250, PVR-350) Help with sound config

Rod rod451 at gmx.net
Sun Nov 6 18:14:57 EST 2005

Greetings,

I've been happily using MythTv with one tuner (PVR-250) for quite a
while.  Now I have decided to add another tuner (PVR-350).

How does one configure it so that sound is working for both cards?

I can get one or the other working but not both.  I've used Jarrod's
instructions resulting in the following modprobe.conf

#modprobe.conf start
# Sound Setup
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
#
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
#
alias eth0 3c59x
#
# Lirc top Section
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
#
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
#
# Lirc Bottom Section
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c
#
# MadWifi
alias ath0 ath_pci
# modprobe.conf end

The PVR-350 is in slot 0 and the PVR-250 is in slot 1.  With the above
configuration I get sound from the 350 but not from the 250.  If I
mv msp3400.ko to msp3400.ko.orig as in Jarrod's instructions, I then get
sound from the 250 but not the 350.

I have found nothing in the HOWTO's or FAQ's that addresses this
phenomena.  Any help/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Rod