[mythtv-users] 'i' key doesn't work in Mythmusic playlist + other questions

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 6 03:44:07 EST 2005

According to the documentation...

"Q: How do I create a new playlist? A: Using the MythMusic "Select
Music" menu option, setup the playlist as you normally would by adding
songs or other playlists as needed. When you are ready to save the new
playlist, highlight "Active Play Queue" at the bottom of the selection
tree and hit the "i" key. This will pop up a menu allowing you to name
and save the new playlist. You can also hit Enter to bring up the popup
on the Active Play Queue. This does not work on the playlists above, as
Enter is obviously bound to checking/unchecking the boxes. Any number
(i.e. keypad on remote) will also bring up the menu in both cases."

However, only the enter key will work.  The i doesn't seem to do
anything anywhere in the playlist area.

Also, how do you, or, can you, change the way the tree displays.  Can
you display them for selection the way they are stored in the
filesystem?   This would be the best way IMHO, as I already have them
nicely organised in subdirectories of albums, and would like to just
play what's in a particular subdirectory.

Can you jump down the list?  Example, I am looking at the list of
artists, and all the A s are showing.  Can I jump down to those starting
with 'S', or even filter the list so it only shows those starting with a
certain letter?

Can you build playlists some other way and import them?  For example,
can I import .pls files?  Or can I add them to the database manually
somehow?