[mythtv-users] diskless xBox stuttering - was Help Diskless frontend

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Nov 5 23:45:06 EST 2005

On 5-Nov-05, at 10:20 PM, Ben Dash wrote:

> since I changed to a 2.6 kernel I get no errors and

I'm running 2.4 because I read the 2.6 fatx driver isn't quite ready
for prime time. Do you do any updating of the xbox's filesystem while
you're in linux? Besides regular myth I'm also playing around with
xbmcmythtv and I want a reliable way to push out updates. Nothing to do
with your problem but I'm curious.

> I just don't understand why I'm getting stuttering
> when my CPU utilization is so low, i.e. 50%.  I had a

Could it be something to do with syncing updates to the vertical
retrace? I've never had those kinds of issues on any of my FEs but I
think some past threads on this list that mentioned that. One of those
things you skim and file away for future use. Look for Use OpenGL VSync
in the TV Playback menus.

BTW, does the frontend log say anything?

- George