[mythtv-users] dvb channel data into myth.

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 5 18:25:02 EST 2005

John Pullan wrote:

>On 05/11/05, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Frank Simorjay wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks for the info.
>>>I'm still a bit unclear as to how you generate your config file.

>>>DVB-T terrestrial right?
>>>

>>Yes
>>

>>><snip>
>>>
>>>So how do you get to your format?
>>>

>>I used 'scan' which is one of the utilities on the
>>
>>http://www.linuxtv.org/  site I mentioned.
>>
>>The actual command is like this
>>

>>./scan dvb-t/canberra-au | tee mychannels.conf
>>

>>The source for scan, and example tuning data files for many places in the world are in the utilities package (named linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0) This package also comes with szap/tzap/czap   (satellite/terrestrial/cable)
>>

>>Now, I don't know azap and dvbscan (the utilities you are using). Maybe they're an alternative someone else wrote?  But the ones I compiled from the source from the linuxtv.org package above seem to make myth happy :-)
>>

>Three things :
>
>azap is part of dvb-apps (certainly under cvs)

I don't see it in the the 1.1.0 version I downloaded, so it must be
something new.  Zap isn't actually used to generate the channels.conf,
so it's the dvbscan vs scan app change that must be causing the
problems, and why myth doesn't like the resulting file.

>svn mythtv-setup can import channels.conf files (your mileage may
>vary).

I assumed he must have a version of myth that at least attempts to
import the file.  Knoppmyth has the option, btw.

>The actual format is : name:frequency:modulation:serviceid.
>I'd be very wary about using any external import scripts unless they
>can cope with the post 0.16 setup.

I don't thing anyone's using any scripts.  We are simply importing the
channels.conf file, as generated by the dvb app utility, into myth using
it's 'scan' option.

It worked for me using the PLF rpms of mythtv, and it also worked for me
using Knoppmyth R5A22.