[mythtv-users] Frontend for home theater

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Sat Nov 5 15:41:09 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 23:28 -0700, Chad wrote:

> Sure thing, I'll do a lspci when I get home, and a cat /proc/cpuinfo
> along with free.  But to throw out a guess from memory until I get
> home:
> P3 866
> 128 MB RAM
> All integrated mobo, intel chipset.
>
> Audio decibels levels, really couldn't tell you.  It does sound decent
> enough coming out of the TV speakers (set to normal volume, not
> cranked up), but through the simulated surround occasionally you can
> tell it's not "quality" hardware (hence the reason at looking for
> better soundcards).

Thanks for the info. On decibels I was mostly concerned with how
loud the fans are. It is a pain to have a machine that is loud and
interferes with what I'm watching. I doubt any built in audio will
have high quality, but since I'm not an audiophile even built in
sound cards are good enough for me.

Alberto