[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: XM or Sirius Recording

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Sat Nov 5 11:31:16 EST 2005

Has anyone seen an elegant solution to work with Satellite Radio?  In
the ideal case, myth basically does everything needed, except obviously
you don't need to record video and you have to get the programming from
some where.

For one channel, which is likely what I'd get it for, mostly, I figure
you would want a command like

arecord <showname> <duration in seconds>

with the result being

showname-date.mp3

at your desired bit rate.

Hopefully this combined with a series of cron jobs and you would be
done...

At any rate, I just thought I'd see if this kind of problem has already
been solved by someone.

One of the reasons I want to get XM is, while an internet audio stream
is possible, it is low quality, and I forget to turn the stream off a
lot.  Basically it eats away at the amount I'm allowed to download with
satellite internet, so I figure $14.00 a month or whatever is worth it,
hopefully.  (I also hope to use it in my car.)

-Robert