[mythtv-users] Media MVP front end

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:53:31 EST 2005

On 11/5/05, Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz> wrote:

> I see that Hauppauge seem to be selling off the current version of the
> mvp cheap (see earlier in this thread.)
>
> <prediction hat>
> they will release a version that does hardware mpeg-4 decoding
> </prediction hat>

I admint to being shocked that you can't play DivX/XviD on these.  I
am an Aussie looking for cheap frontends, and the lack of MPEG4 is a
big bummer.

I have to agree, the number of people that use MPEG4, and even the
fact that you can (or soon can???) legally download movies in MPEG4
format would have to force the manufacturers hand.

Hopefully, a slightly beefier MVP is on its way.

Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.