[mythtv-users] Media MVP front end

Poul Petersen petersp at alleft.com
Fri Nov 4 21:16:23 EST 2005

O Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 07:06:05PM -0700, Chad wrote:
> So, for those of you who obviously have one, can it playback mpeg4
> (divx) encoded programs?  I use a cheapie bt87x card for my low-def
> captures, and am hoping/wondering if this will be able to play them?

	No - The device itself is not capable of mpeg4 playback, unless
you use it with the Windows-only server software that comes with it. Then
it uses the "server" to re-encode the mpeg4 stream into something that
the MVP can play. If you want to use the MVP with mvpmc (i.e. interoperate
with MythTV directly) then your best bet is to use hardware mpeg2 capture cards.

-poul