[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 4 21:00:00 EST 2005

    Date: Fri, 04 Nov 05 18:32:16 -0500
    From: "R. Geoffrey Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org>

    >(b) I went into Schedule Recordings -> Manual Schedule and wasted
    >    my time setting up 4 simultaneous recordings 5 minutes into the
    >    future, only to discover in "Upcoming Recordings" that it's
    >    claiming "You haven't yet scheduled any recordings."  WTF???

    Yes. We are not alone... I'm sure. It did this to me a couple of times,
    just about midnight last night. That was in Manual Recording too. And ...
    Upcoming was empty.

Hmm.  Were you able to figure out any way of bringing back manual
recording capability?  I've probably got a full reinstall in my near
future (probably on a different distro entirely), but I'd like to
understand either how to recover from this, or what might have
provoked the bug in the first place.  (It sure sounds like both
of us encountered this by reassigning /dev/videoN entries, though,
which seems to indicate a bad bug lurking somewhere.)