[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 4 18:43:41 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:01:42 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Friday 04 November 2005 04:33 pm, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>Have you ever used _anything_ with a remote control before?  I guarantee that
>there's not a "Press the 'Guide' button to bring up the program guide"
>message burned in to your TV from it being displayed all the time.
>
>Did you even bother to read the mythtv howto?  It lists all the commands:
>http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html

Sorry Isaac but that page makes NO mention of the keys working in
mythtv-setup...
and it never occurred to me that the remote would work *during setup*.
Silly of me...Some reflection would have lead me to the realization that
the built-in lirc stuff would be available.  But...
I still haven't got my remote working properly (nothing to do with myth..
its a lirc_imon thing...) so I cannot use the remote at all. I am forced
to use the keyboard.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638