[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Nov 4 18:39:54 EST 2005

> Are there other commands besides M?  Where are they documented?

 Various Howtos, keys.txt and god knows where else.

> Why are they not documented RIGHT ON THAT VERY SCREEN?  I mean,
> there's plenty o' real estate just sitting there blank...

> Are there other places where typing letters would work?  Where?

 You will have to try and find out. Menu works in most select lists where
it's relevant.

> [Typing a ? while sitting on an entry did nothing.  Surely I'm not
> expected to just type every possible character, with and without every

 You are imho expecting too much from a non commerical, non funded ,
"we do it cause we enjoy it" project done by people who donate their spare
time too. There is no QA "team", there are no professional UI designers,
there is no focus groups to work out the best UI layout.

 It is expected that users will have to read documentation.
If you feel strongly otherwise then seriously, start taking your notes
and working on what you feel improves the users experience.  Noone is going
to reject a patch that improves the usability of the application.
As long as the code isn't horribly  ugly, and follows the same style as
the rest and fills a need then it will be considered.

 http://svn.mythtv.org/trac is where you can enter tickets on bugs (and
how to reproduce them) along with the patches. Or you can post
them to the mythtv-dev mailing list