[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 4 18:04:56 EST 2005

    Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:45:55 -0600
    From: Josh Burks <dotnofoolin at gmail.com>

    On 11/4/05, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
    <big snip>

    Maybe you should ask for your money back... :)

Maybe I should ask for my -time- back.  Pity I spent all this money
on this pile o' hardware over here...

Seriously:  You're apparently making the same "it was free, so you
have no right to complain" argument that a lot of people have made
about various problems in F/OSS and elsewhere.  That denigrates the
real problems that real people are having, not to mention insulting
all the time, sweat, and tears that real people have already spent
in building the system so far, -and- likewise the effort that the
users have spent on getting the results to work.

Sorry, but yours is a bogus argument, and you should know it.
I'm trying to make this a better system.  One way to do this is to
complain, because otherwise problems can lurk for a long time without
getting fixed.  Not only does it raise the chances that somebody with
commit privs will actually be willing to check in fixes, it raises the
chances that somebody -else- who's also pissed-off about the state of
the world will go and spend the time hacking to fix it, now that they
know they're not the only one, that a fix would improve the lives of
-lots- of people, and that their fix will be accepted into the tree.

But by simply being snide -in public-, on the mailing list as opposed
to just to me, you're evidently trying to interfere with an honest
attempt to get things fixed.  That makes you look foolish.

Maybe you should get out of the way.