[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Nov 4 17:01:42 EST 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 04:33 pm, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:07:41 -0400
>     From: Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org>
>
>     > (for example) that there's no way to DELETE a single card from
>
>      I'm pretty sure that you can just Highlight the card and hit Menu (M).
>     Then pick delete.
>
> Such a pity, then that the UI gave me NO CLUE WHATSOEVER
> that it was possible to type letters when sitting on entries,
> or what those letters might do.
>
> Are there other commands besides M?  Where are they documented?
> Why are they not documented RIGHT ON THAT VERY SCREEN?  I mean,
> there's plenty o' real estate just sitting there blank...
>
> Are there other places where typing letters would work?  Where?
>
> [Typing a ? while sitting on an entry did nothing.  Surely I'm not
> expected to just type every possible character, with and without every
> possible modifier, to figure out if there are any other easter eggs in
> this particular screen.  And then there are all the -other- screens...]

Have you ever used _anything_ with a remote control before?  I guarantee that
there's not a "Press the 'Guide' button to bring up the program guide"
message burned in to your TV from it being displayed all the time.

Did you even bother to read the mythtv howto?  It lists all the commands:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html

Seriously, this is just getting laughable.

Isaac