[mythtv-users] MythTV Installer Usability: An Analysis

Chris Down chris at alcor.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:10:02 EST 2005

Fri, 4 Nov 2005  Dewey Smolka wrote

>This still ignores the point that you're not using your appliance in
>the recommended fashion. You could also complain that leaving your
>coffee machine on overnight causes the caraffe to become uncleanable
>and ruined. It may be true, but that is not how you're supposed to use
>it.

I am new to mythtv. Are you saying that mythtv is not intended for watching
live tv? If so why have a prominent menu feature for this facility, why
document it in the HOWTO etc? I realise that mythtv is a PVR however if a
feature is included then it should at least function without causing a total
system crash. I have not found any reference which says ".. don't use the
Live TV option for more than x hours or your system may crash"

I am sure a large number of users also use mythtv to watch live television.

I don't think that you coffee machine analogy applies in this case :-)

Just my 2 cents worth

Chris Down