[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and COM Ports

David Barkman david at azbarkmans.com
Fri Nov 4 02:45:44 EST 2005

Hi, I'm trying to get my IR Blaster working, but don't think I'm using the
right COM Port.  I'm using these instructions:
http://www.lircsetup.com/lirc/blaster/index.php.  I'm using the IR Blaster
that came with my Hauppauge 150.  I also have installed on this computer a
Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit External card via USB.  I've tried the Hauppauge
IR Blaster on COM 1 and 2, neither port makes the led in the Blaster blink,
and when I try the change channel script while watching live TV, the TV feed
skips for a few seconds and my sound dies (that's why I mentioned the sound
card).  If I exit live TV and come back in, sound works fine again.

So it seems to me that COM 1 and 2 may have been taken by the External sound
card.  Is there any way I can tell for sure what COM port and IRQ the
Blaster is on, something I can run from the command line?  Also, how do I
tell what IRQ goes with what COM port?

Does anyone else use the IR Blaster that comes with the 150?

Thanks!

David Barkman