[mythtv-users] SUID not working

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 21:41:32 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 06:20 pm, huffman at graze.net wrote:
> I'm running FC4, but disabled selinux on install.  However, even when I make
> mythfrontend SUID root, and select realtime priority, it does not use it
> when it starts.
>
> The only way that realtime priority works is if I add mythtv to sudoers and
> then run mythfrontend from sudo.  However, I'd like to make this work using
> SUID.
>
> Any ideas?

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue.  I thought it might
have something to do with Gentoo, but I guess not.  I brought this issue up a
while back (you can search the lists), but did not really discover a
solution, only possible workarounds.  I have tried a lot of things but MythTV
just won't take it.

Unfortunately I don't have any solution for you, but just wanted to let you
know that you're not the only one.  At the time I'm simply re-nicing the
mythfrontend process to -19 in my startup scripts.