[mythtv-users] Simultaneous recordings fail spectacularly---why? [part 1]

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:10:07 EST 2005

    It's like Myth (or something) is losing track of which card is which
    and is just always using tuner 0.  [In fact, my first test like this
    showed ch4 in the second half of the "ch2" file and ch4 in the ch4
    file; my second test was to unplug the RF-in from all but the first of
    the 250's; -that- test also shows ch4 in the second half of the "ch2"
    file, and a zero-length "ch4" file.  So it really and truly is looking
    like tuner0 got commanded to switch to ch4, which is just totally wrong.]

Whoops, forgot to add---the zero-length "ch4" file started growing as
soon as the "ch2" file ended, e.g., in my offset-by-5-minutes
staggered recordings, the first file got ch2 for the first 5 minutes,
then ch4 for 5 minutes, then the second file started growing 10
minutes into the whole test (e.g., as soon as the first recording
ended) and kept growing for another 5 minutes, ending up with the
second file half the size of the first (even though they were, in
theory, two 10-minute recordings that overlapped in the middle 5
minutes).  So it's pretty clear that something's losing track of
which card gets which channel and which file  This behavior is
identical whether all cards have RF-in, or only the -first- card
has RF-in, e.g., I don't think the other cards are being used.

Help?