[mythtv-users] RE: nForce4 Audio on FC4, it plays some of the time....

Jason Sharpe mythtv.list at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:37:09 EST 2005

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 15
> Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:12:43 -0700
> From: "James C. Dastrup" <jc at dastrup.com>
> Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] nForce4 Audio on FC4, it plays some of the
> time....
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I had a very similar problem. I was finally able to figure out that KDE
> was messing with my alsa settings everytime it started, even when I told it
> not to. You can test this by opening up alsamixer and while your audio is
> playing, mess with the settings until you hear something. I solved this
> problem by simply putting a script in KDE's /.Autostart folder, so after KDE
> starts, my mixer settings go back to the way I want them. You can find more
> detail at http://www.dastrup.com/template_mythtv.asp and look in the Audio
> section.

 Thanks James for replying,
 I took your suggestions and tried messing with alsamixer while playing
something, I never heard audio no matter what I tweaked.
 I looked at your site and was going to look at your script and your
.asoundrc, however I can't get to your FTP site. It just times out when I
try to visit the FTP links. I tried from both work and home and I can't get
to them.
 The program that opens by default when I double click the .au file is
"Noatun". I can play the file all day long and it will sound just fine,
however aplay still won't create audio.
 Just for kicks I disabled the sound system in the KDE Control Center and
rebooted, I was still able to play the sound from Noatun, but not with
aplay.
 Can you email me the scripts that you link to in the audio section of your
website?
 Thanks
 Jason