[mythtv-users] Multiple Systems - Multiple Remotes

cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 09:33:49 EST 2005

I use the Adesso Wireless IR as well

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?
EdpNo=1388866&CatId=537

Works great has hand grips on the bottom and a built in track ball. I
do not know the range, I use it about 9' from the TV, and use a cable
distribution to send the IR to the Server in the basement. Works GREAT!

I programed learning remotes to emulate the keys I needed for MythTV,
and have them at the other TV around the house.

The cable distribution is "A Two-Channel Modulator That Distributes A/
V Sources to Local and Distant TVs";

http://www.smarthome.com/7717.html

The Remote IR Targets to send the IR back to the Server are part of
the Cable Distribution. These are "IR Target for Multi-Room Video
Distribution System"

http://www.smarthome.com/7718.html

I use the keyboard when I need system issues, but all other times the
Sony and Logitech learning remotes and the above system work great.

On Nov 2, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Tony Pisarek wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 09:14 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Alberto Alonso wrote:
>>

>>> It seems that the ATI Remote Wonder handles the range
>>> that I need. How about an RF keyboard? Those are the
>>> ones that I was talking about when I said > $180/ea
>>>
>>> Anybody has a less expensive solution?
>>>

>> I think all the manufacturers are purposefully reducing the range on
>> keyboards after HP got in a bit of a bad position in 2002/2003
>> because
>> of security implications of long-range wireless keyboards.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.com/2003/01/21/qwertyoops/
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/21/why_does_my_typing_appear/
>>
>> So, maybe your best approach would be to scan e-bay for some 2002-
>> model
>> HP keyboards (and hope that your neighbors don't have any)...
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I purchased an Infra-Red Keyboard and am very pleased.. My range
> requirement is about 25 feet and it seems to handle it very well...
> The
> box states that it has a 23 foot range.  I paid $45 US.
>
> I purchased it from a friend but found the same model at Amazon.com..
> It's description is:
>
> Adesso Wireless IR 88-Key Mini Black PS/2 Keyboard,  Binding
> Electronics
> C66772.
>
> Tony

From: