[mythtv-users] Tuner card label - patch in progress but assistance requested

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 2 09:39:17 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:52:02 -0700, Chad wrote:

>On 11/1/05, Joel W. Goldwein, MD <jgoldwein at impac.com> wrote:
>> I am working on a patch that will allow a user to "label" each tuner card
>> such that in the backed status box the card number can be accompanied by a
>> user-defined label.  I have the database conversion and backend status
>> presentation part down, but need some help with the label entry part
>> (performed in MythTV-Setup) and perhaps an OSD component (i.e. - instead of
>> "1: Tuner" would say "1 [PVR-500-A]: Tuner").
>>
>> The question is - are there others interested in this feature/enhancement,
>> and is there someone interested in helping me with the "patch"?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Joel Goldwein

I would be interested in helping test... but my coding skills are....
rusty...

This is a great idea BTW. With recent changes to the structure everything
gets assigned to Tuner0 and its hard to know which card is being used or
dealt with.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638