AW: [mythtv-users] Multiple DVB-S cards; one CAM; encrypted channels recording problems

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Wed Nov 2 03:05:43 EST 2005


Hi Wolfgang,

> I've only one videosource with all channel (freetoair and 
> encrypted) for all DVB cards.

That won't work. As far as I know, the "freetoair" setting is only used
by mythsetup when scanning for channels.

What you'll need to do is set up two videosources, one for free channels
and one for free+encrypted. Assign freeonly to cards 1+2 and the other
one to card 3.

Yes, you'll have duplicate entries for all free channels in the database
but mythtv should correctly figure out that both entries are actually
the same channel and schedule acordingly.

[ another aproach would be two videosources, one for free only and the
other one for encrypted only, assigning two videosources to your thired
card; this can't be done using the GUI but it actually does work - I
used to run my setup that way (4 Cards, 2 CI Modules, 3 Videosources for
1:free, 2:ORF, 3:Premiere with card1 ==> 1, card2 ==> 1, card3 ==> 1,2
and card4 => 1,2,3) ]

Bye, Martin


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list