[mythtv-users] DVB scans

Frank Simorjay franks at simorjay.com
Wed Nov 2 01:39:45 EST 2005

After laborious efforts I have put together a frequency list of channels
that seem to work. However the format of the channels.conf file works with
azap, but nothing else.

I'd like to get the data imported into channel info of myth, I see that a
script exists for importing channels.conf file that have tzap format, but no
docs on how to format my data to get to work.

Currently I my file format:

Channel:Freq:QAM_256:0:0

tzap has extra feilds that I can't fake (I think) or at least I'm not sure
how to collect the info to make my config file work.

here us a azap file format I found

channel:freq:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_1_2:

QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:

2307:0:544

not sure what inversion,bandwidth,fec,transmit mode,hirarchy,or the third
numeric value at the end are.

Any help would be appreciated.