[mythtv-users] Settings messed up when IP adress changes

cardboil cardboil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:11:53 EST 2005

I recently setup a wireless connectio on my mythbox, in order to avoid
running a cable for the LAN connection. The wireless connection uses dhcp
(using dhclient wlan0) and when I did that the machine got a new IP address
by my access point. When I did this, my mythfrontend settings (keybindings,
video/music directory locations, etc.) got messed up -- set back to
defaults. Why does this happen? I can understand if settings change based on
the user that's logged in, but in my case the user is the same (mythtv). Is
there any way to prevent this from happening and revert to my old settings?