[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 1 23:04:45 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:49:30PM -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Can you post your /etc/apt/sources.list please? I can't seem to get all
> dependencies met, specifically libqt3c102-mt.

That package has caused me no end of grief.  Debian ("testing", I
think) has decided to drop support for the XFree86 xserver and have
transition packages in place to force people to switch to XOrg (ie:
you ask for one server but get the other).  As part of that forced
upgrade, libqt3c102-mt has been replaced by libqt3-mt.  The new
libqt3-mt is not backwards compatible (according to the
depends/provides list).  Similarly, rather than creating an in-place
upgrade for MythTV, the libqt3-mt version is a whole new package that
conflicts with the libqt3c102-mt version, requiring you to uninstall
MythTV before the upgrade and then reinstall afterwards.  So far only
the core MythTV packages (front, back, common, doc, database and web)
are available, so after the upgrade you don't have mythvideo,
mythdvd, etc.

My back-end and mythweb server are working just fine, but the XBox
doesn't have a video driver for XOrg and my desktop machine (Radeon
card) runs everything else and handles the MythTV menus OK but locks
the machine up solid if I try to watch any recordings.  The backend
machine can't run nuvexport as it gets into a loop waiting for
mythtranscode to setup the fifos.  I don't have any idea what that's
all about.