[mythtv-users] Xorg driver for XBox?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 1 19:27:15 EST 2005

I tried to rip a CD-Rom on my XBox last night and found out that lame
(or some other neccessary component) wasn't installed.  My machine
hadn't been updated in so long the only way to get *any* new packages
was to dist-upgrade (as libc6 was updated and my old packages were
orphaned).  Linux is still working fine (although it's not really
Xebian any more), but the conversion from XFree86 to XOrg means that
the old proprietary nForce video driver doesn't work.  The
Framebuffer display driver works fine for console access, but X does
weird things to the TV.  Has anyone put together a .deb file
containing an XOrg-compatible nForce driver?

BTW, the upgrade also killed all of the MythTV packages other than
frontend and backend (as mythvideo, etc. still depend on the old
libraries), so it looks like I'm going to have to downlaod and
compile from CVS or something.  I don't mind doing that for Myth, but
would like to go with a proven solution for the X display.