[mythtv-users] No sound from HD-3000 sometime after svn 7031,

shermann at speakeasy.net shermann at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 1 19:08:22 EST 2005

Thanks for your response. I didn't see anything unusual before, but I'll take a closer look at the backend log again and report back. I know that my system was not autoexpiring older programs (I keep very few around). Also, immediately reverting back to 7031 fixes the problem.

> Now, a question about your second paragraph: How do you tune subchannels? On
> my MythTV system (CVS from last June), all I have is individual channels.
> Yes, they are numbered 91, 92 - for channel 9 subchannel 1, etc., but I
> can't tune them in two steps. I always have to select a single channel.
>
> Could you elaborate a bit about how you specify subchannels? Is this a new
> feature in the latest SVN version(s) of MythTV? Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not in front of my setup right, and it's been a long time since I've messed with my channel definitions. Subchannel selections have worked for me from the start (pre-0.17?). If I recall, in the channel setup screen using mythtv-setup, there are two places where you designate info about the individual subchannels on digital broadcasts. There's the name of the channel and the frequency. I name them 9_1, 9_2, etc. and the frequency is 58-1, 58-2, etc. I think I also changed some pull-down menu to specify that the signal is ATSC. And that's it. When watching live TV, I simply type in 9_2 to tune to channel 9, subchannel 2.

For my analog cable channels, I use a PVR-250 card and in the setup, the two (channel and frequency) are the same. The underscore in the channel name is how I distinguish between my digital and analog channels, although now that I think about it, I suppose that's not really necessary since you are always on one tuner or the other.