[mythtv-users] Killing all known channels, dead

Toby Smith maillists at oikade.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 17:52:12 EST 2005


Tom Hughes wrote:

> If you don't want to see a channel then mark it as hidden rather than
> deleting it and all your problems will go away.

I'll add to that - to entirely "hide" the channel, ensure it's not 
collecting guide data from "onair" by setting useonairguide=0 for 
appropriate rows in the channel table.

If you're using an XML grabber (tv_grab_uk_rt as I'm assuming the 
original poster has a UK Freeview system) then also ensure your 
<source>.xmltv file doesn't mention xmltvid references for any channels 
you don't care about the data for. Ones that are listed in that file but 
don't have a corresponding row in the channel table will keep appearing 
as new "Ghost" (untunable) channels.

I've done a similar thing - blanked out the "Shopping and Guff" 
channels, and ensured I get no guide data for them. Whilst "invisible" 
channels don't display in most places that list by channel, the program 
searches / alphabetic lists / etc do otherwise display programs from 
invisible channels (at least in 0.18). That causes a low WAF when you're 
wading past 200 different titles for the "Buy Some Disgusting Fake 
Jewellery Show" to find the program you want..

-- 
Toby Smith



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list