[mythtv-users] User Jobs

James Angi jamesangi at cox.net
Tue Nov 1 17:07:41 EST 2005

I've noticed the following behavior with user jobs in MythTV. If the
backend process gets interrupted (power failure, crash, whatever)
mid-recording and the recording is resumed the user job is only run on
the 'final' record. Anyway to get Myth to process the user job on all
recordings?

Detailed info:
I have a one-hour recording scheduled from 1:00pm-2:00pm and someone...
say plugs a vacuum cleaner into my myth box's power strip at 1:20pm, and
after yelling at said person I bring Myth back up at 1:25pm. By 2:00pm
there are two files:
1000_20051024130000_20051024140000.nuv
1000_20051024132500_20051024140000.nuv

My "User Job #1" is only run on the latter. I would really like to
guarantee it runs on both (or several... maybe I was updating the kernel
and software and had multiple reboots). It'd also be nice
(pie-in-the-sky-nice) for it to rename the first file to:
1000_20051024130000_20051024132000.nuv. But now I'm probably just being
a pain.

Thanks,
~James