[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 1 16:42:16 EST 2005

Ben Dash wrote:

>--- Myth Lists wrote:
>

>>You can also run irw and press a few keys on the
>>remote to make sure
>>lirc is receiving the right ones.
>>

>I've been trying irw throughout the process.  I get no
>output from pressing the remote buttons.  If I look at
>/var/log/messages I can see the "accepted new client
>on /dev/lircd" message when I run irw.  When I CTRL C
>out of irw I can see the "removed client" message.  I
>don't see any keycodes while running irw though :-(
>
>Thanks for all the ideas so far!  Please let me know
>if you have any more!

Broken /etc/lircd.conf (or one that works, but not with your version of
LIRC).

Also, make sure you have an appropriate ~/.lircrc for any non-Myth
programs.  This won't affect irw, but it will affect things like xine or
MPlayer.  Note that most programs use ~/.lircrc, but Myth uses
~/.mythtv/lircrc --no dot before Myth's lircrc.

Mike