[mythtv-users] Multiple DVB-S cards; one CAM; encrypted channels recording problems

Wolfgang Senoner mythtv at chaosinc.at
Tue Nov 1 15:24:31 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm using three Nova-S and one of them has a CI-Modul to receive
encrypted channels. The setup is as following:

Card 1 -> Nova S -> no CI/CAM -> freetoaironly is checked in videosource
Card 2 -> Nova S -> no CI/CAM -> freetoaironly is checked in videosource
Card 3 -> Nova S-CI -> with CI/CAM -> freetoaironly is NOT checked in
videosource

I've only one videosource with all channel (freetoair and encrypted) for
all DVB cards.

MythTV is setup to start recordings on the first card and LiveTV on the
third. So LiveTV is fine (starting on card three). I can watch encrypted
and unencrypted channels as usually not all cards are used for
recording. Recording of freetoair channels is also fine (as it start
with the first card).

Now the problem. As soon as a recording is scheduled on an encrypted
channel MythTV tries to record it on the first card without the
CAM-Module. Obviously this doesn't work.

I already checked the mailinglists and also tried to look in the source
code. I didn't find a portion of code where MythTV take care of the
"freetoaironly" flag in the recording section. But my programming skills
and also knowledge of MythTV itself are not that good.

What is the designed behaviour in this case? Is my setup wrong? Does
MythTV support this configuration at all and if yes, how should it work?

Any help or fingertip is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Wolfgang