[mythtv-users] Documentation for sources.

Michael Bochynski mbochynski at audiumcorp.com
Tue Nov 1 15:24:26 EST 2005

Ted,

Briefly, MythTV will work with (almost) every video signal you can
stream to your box. Hence, you have S-Video in and/or component in, you
can watch (with MythTV) practically everything. Think as if it was your
regular TV. Can you connect satellite to your TV? Digital cable? FIOS,
which in the end is the same as digital cable, since you get the box
from verizon? As long as your TV has proper inputs, you can connect
everything. The same applies to MythTV. You will probably encounter
issues, such as channel lists for FIOS, hardware not working, if it's
non-standard.

And as most of the open source projects, MythTV does not have a nice
paper book/pdf with all the configuration options, hence, to reiterate,
google is your friend.

So, again, the specific documentation is:

www.google.com
www.mythtv.org
www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv

Michael